Commonfund Institute houses the education and research activities of Commonfund and provides the entire community of long-term investors with investment information and professional development programs.
Commonfund Institute is dedicated to the advancement of investment knowledge and the promotion of best practices in financial management. It provides a wide variety of resources, including conferences, seminars and roundtables on topics such as endowments and treasury management; proprietary and third-party research such as the NACUBO–Commonfund Study of Endowments; publications including the Higher Education Price Index (HEPI); and events such as the annual Commonfund Forum and Commonfund Endowment Institute.
Commonfund Institute provides a wide variety of resources, including conferences, seminars and roundtables. Among the primary programs sponsored by Commonfund Institute are:
- The Commonfund Forum – the premier annual investment management conference for senior investment officers and trustees.
- The Endowment Institute – an intensive, week-long seminar for trustees and senior investment and financial officers of nonprofit organizations, taught by leading academics and practitioners.
- The Treasury Institute for Higher Education – sponsoring seminars, meetings, publications and other tools to foster best practices in treasury management.
- The NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) – the largest and most comprehensive survey of investment and governance practices at institutions of higher education, produced in collaboration with the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) since 2008.
- The Council on Foundations-Commonfund Study of Investments for Private and Community Foundations (CCSF)™ – the most comprehensive annual survey of investment and governance practices at private and community foundations, produced in collaboration with the Council on Foundations since 2012.
- The Commonfund Benchmarks Study®– targeted, industry-specific annual surveys of investment and treasury management practices, policies and trends at nonprofit institutions.
- The Commonfund Higher Education Price Index™ – the most accurate indicator of cost changes for higher education.
- The Commonfund Prize for the best contribution to endowment research.
- Insight, articles, white papers and other written materials on issues of importance to investment officers of nonprofit organizations.